Share the gift of Napa Valley with our flagship 2013 Il Barone Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon in an elegant gift box that includes two gold Castello di Amorosa logo wine glasses.
Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Ratings & Awards
- 93 Points - James Suckling - "The blackberry, violet, and blueberry aromas follow through to a full body, extremely well-integrated tannins and a lovely depth of fruit. Needs a year or two to open. Better in 2018."
- 90 Points - Wine Enthusiast Magazine - "Small percentages of Merlot and Petit Verdot soften this robustly ripe red, hugely extracted in black currant and blackberry. Mocha, cigar smoke and leather saddle contribute a more muscular imprint, as a rounded weightiness holds on tenaciously to the finish."
- 91-94 Points (Barrel Sample) - Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate - "The stunning, rich, full-bodied 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Il Barone offers super-concentrated notes of crème de cassis and raspberries, medium to full body, ripe tannin, and well-integrated acidity and wood. This should prove to be a terrific wine to drink over the next 20 years."
- Double Gold Medal - 2016 American Fine Wine Competition
- Double Gold Medal - 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Il Barone is a blend of the Castello's top high-end Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards from the best growing regions of Napa Valley. The majority of the fruit comes from the Rutherford AVA, a region famed for producing beautifully structured and complex Cabernet Sauvignon.
- "2013 was a stunning vintage that produced absolutely remarkable wines – possibly even better than the magnificent 2012 ‘nearly perfect’ wines. Both growing seasons were dry and early ripening, which brought the fruit to full maturity while avoiding fall rains. The temperatures were on the cool side which retained excellent acidity and wonderful aging potential. The 2013 reds are complex and full-bodied, classic Napa Valley style." - Brooks Painter, Director of Winemaking
- Il Barone is a very flavorful, elegant and structured red wine in the style of high-quality, very limited-production, fine Cabernet Sauvignon wines from the Napa Valley. Excellent long-term ageing potential.
Food Pairing Notes
- Pair with foods as bold as the wine, such as roast game meats, grass-fed steak, or grilled portabello mushrooms with reduced balsamic vinegar glaze.