Share the gift of Napa Valley with our flagship 2018 Il Barone Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon in an elegant gift box that includes two gold Castello di Amorosa logo wine glasses.
*Product Excluded from Discounts*
Ratings & Awards
• Wine Spectator (92 Points)
"A lush, hyperripe style, showing warm plum sauce and blackberry paste flavors that roll through, with cocoa and licorice root on the broad finish. For fans of the powerful style. Drink now through 2029. 4,052 cases made. — JM"
- Il Barone is a blend of the Castello's top high-end Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards from the best growing regions of Napa Valley. The majority of the fruit comes from the Rutherford AVA, a region famed for producing beautifully structured and complex Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Winter provided a record-breaking rainfall - a welcome end to the 4-years of drought. Bloom and fruit set in May occurred under ideal conditions – no frost, no rain and no blistering winds to interfere with pollination; just warm sunshine. Summer was warm but the vines weathered the heat well and maturity moved along at a steady pace. A short but intense heat wave during the first part of September brought brix levels up dramatically and winemakers waited for the pH, acids, flavor and color development in the grapes to catch up to sugar accumulation. The 2018 wine quality shows a lot of bright acidity and fresh varietal aromas in the white wines, and deep color, sweet fruit flavors and firm tannin structure in the reds. Looking like it will be another classic year! —Brooks Painter, Director of Winemaking
- Il Barone is a very flavorful, elegant and structured red wine in the style of high-quality, very limited-production, fine Cabernet Sauvignon wines from the Napa Valley. Excellent long-term ageing potential.
Food Pairing Notes
- Pair with foods as bold as the wine, such as roast game meats, grass-fed steak, or grilled portabello mushrooms with reduced balsamic vinegar glaze.