Give the gift of the Castello with a bottle of our 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon in an elegant presentation box.
Cannot be combined with other discounts.
- 90 Points - Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate: "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, which is 93% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Petit Verdot, Merlot and Malbec, is a classic 2014. Dense ruby/purple with notes of licorice, blackcurrant and a touch of spice, the wine hits the palate with a nice velvety richness, medium to full-bodied flavors that linger, impressive purity and overall craftsmanship. Tannins are ripe and well-integrated as is the wood, acidity and tannin. This is plush, as most 2014s tend to be, and ideal for drinking now and over the next 10-15 years."
- A blend of fruit from some of the best Cabernet Sauvignon growing regions in Napa Valley, including our own Diamond Mountain District estate vineyard which surrounds the Castello. A touch of Merlot, Petit Verdot, and Malbec balance the rich dark fruit and tannins of the Cabernet, adding a vibrancy to its lush mouthfeel and lingering finish.
- "The 2014 Napa Valley wine grape harvest was a year of exceptional quality. The winter was one of the driest on record in Napa Valley, with approximately half of the normal rainfall. However, rains in late February and early March provided water to the vines just as they were beginning bud break. The spring was warm and berry sizes were smaller and with more concentrated flavors, and the overall quality, depth of flavor and excellent balance and maturity in the grapes bodes well for the vintage." - Brooks Painter, Director of Winemaking
Food Pairing Notes
- This bold yet well-balanced wine makes a perfect accompaniment to grilled meat dishes
- Shows excellent aging potential for the next fifteen years.